Updated on March 8, 2023
We’ve all dealt with gnats in our houses; whether it’s a sugary spill that you forgot to wipe or houseplants that you overwatered by mistake.
If there are only a few gnats buzzing around, then they can be effectively dealt with, even various home remedies like a fruit fly trap or a candle trap, etc.
But how do you deal with a full-fledge gnat infestation? Well, this is what we are going to discuss today!
Check out this updated article to find the best gnat foggers and bombs that can efficiently get rid of these winged bugs once and for all.
Do Gnat Bombs Work?
Yes, gnat foggers work and can be really dangerous for the bugs if used correctly.
It will create a smoke bomb that will discourage the bugs which are flying near your house.
Gnat foggers are not expensive and can usually be activated inside a house to kill many household pests that bug you.
It can be an inexpensive source of killing the various gnats present in your house and the various working surroundings.
This can be a huge help for you in removing the gnats from your home.
See Also: Do Spider Foggers Work?
Best Bug Bombs for Gnats in 2021
#1 – Hot Shot 20177 No-Mess! Fogger
Hot Shot 20177 NO-mess! Fogger, 3-Count is one of the most effective and efficient gnat bombers.
- KILLS ON CONTACT: Hot Shot No-Mess! Fogger With Odor Neutralizer kills on...
- KILLS HIDDEN BUGS: Creates a fine, penetrating mist that reaches deep into...
- NO NEED TO TURN OFF PILOT LIGHTS: Deeper-reaching, dry fog technology
A pack contains about (3)1.2-ounce foggers, and one can almost cover an area of about 2,000 ft. But, make sure to put only one bomber in one room and not more than that.
It is available in various packs such as a two-pack, three-pack, and four-packs; you can freely choose whichever package you require.
The deep-reaching formula is designed to reach the hidden gnats, cockroaches, fleas, ants, and spiders, which can seriously infest your house and cause infection.
It is a great killer that can kill various insects and bugs present in the home; you need not turn off the pilot lights when using this bomber.
It is a dry-fog formula that will resist staining leaves with the least mess and helps in neutralizing odors.
This gnat fogger has a deep-reaching dry fog technology and can last as long as 6 weeks.
This bomber will help create an extremely fine and drying penetrated fog that will stay airborne and reach into various deep cracks, crevices, and under the furniture and appliances to flush out and kill all the hidden bugs that come in contact.
When it is used as directed, the odorless, nonstaining dry fog will not harm anything; this bomber can almost kill any insect, whether crawling or flying, including gnats.
You should keep this product away from children and don’t use this product in any closed areas as this product can cause various infectious diseases to you or the person who comes directly in contact with this.
With all these qualities, this gnat bomber also provides you with a money-back guarantee if there’s no proper result shown in the treatment of the various bugs such as gnats.
#2 – Black Flag HG-11079 6 Count Indoor Fogger
The Black Flag Concentrated Fogger provides you with dual action because it penetrates the cracks and the crevices, which will help kill the bugs in the areas where they live and breed and will leave a fresh scent.
- : KILLS BY CONTACT: Controls a variety of household pests, including roaches,...
- EACH CAN TREATS UP TO 2,000 CUBIC FEET: Use one can to treat a room...
- DUAL ACTION: Kills insects and leaves a fresh scent
It kills various bugs and insects which come in contact such as roaches, fleas, silverfish, and gnats.
It kills the gnats as early as it comes in contact with them; this will also not make an awful odor while working on the various insects present in your home.
It will continue to kill for as long as 12 weeks and can perfectly be used in various apartments, basements, garages, kitchens, and various household storage areas.
Pack of 4 gnat bombers contains 4 individual packages of 6 foggers each, which becomes 24 foggers; each of the packs can treat up to 2,000 cups.
There should be various precautions taken while spraying these gnat foggers at your home such as:
- You shouldn’t allow any adult or children entry into the area this fogger is sprayed.
- Make sure not to use more than 1 fogger at one time.
- Do not use more fogger in a place where there is no space.
- Try not to use a fogger where there is food kept around.
- Air out the room before entering
- Do not enter the area for at least 2 hours after application.
These are some of the things which should be being kept in mind while using these gnat foggers in the infected areas.
This gnat bomber will not leave any smell after usage; it also won’t leave a wet and messy residue after being this is used.
You can surely buy this product to decrease the various disease-causing pests such as gnats and bugs; it is one of the best gnat bombers that can be used to get rid of the gnats.
#3 – Spectracide Bug Stop Indoor Fogger
This fogger will create a fine and penetrating mist that will reach the deep cracks and crevices, which will flush out all the bugs, such as gnats, out of the home on contact.
- Indoor fogger: formulated to control heavy infestations – Kills crawling,...
When you use this product as directed, the clear, non-staining formula will not harm any household materials that can come in its intake.
It will not leave any residue behind and will not affect the environment; make sure to leave the implanted area alone for a minimum of 2 hours.
It takes 2 hours to work and will kill both the flying and crawling insects when it comes in contact with them.
Each can of this product will cover about 2,000 cu ft of unobstructed space and there is no absolute lingering odor and have no wet residue.
You should read the entire label and follow all the directions and precautions mentioned to avoid getting seriously infected.
It is strictly recommended not to use this in rooms that are 5ft x5ft or smaller; instead, allow the fog to enter from other rooms. Do not use this fogger in small and enclosed spaces such as cabinets, counters, and various other such spaces.
The use of this fogger in an enclosed space may cause this product to explode; this will cause injury to the person living in it or can cause massive damage to the property in which it is there.
Make sure to turn off all the ignition sources such as pilot lights and other sources; it is strictly recommended to apply this product only based on the specification given on the label.
To use this product make sure to:
- Open the cabinets, drawers, etc. and various infected areas which are to be treated by using this method.
- You should remove or adequately cover the exposed foods, dishes, food units, and surfaces.
- Also, cover all the necessities that can be infected and can infect you and your child negatively.
- Make sure to close all the outside doors and windows, shut down the fans and air conditioners, and temporarily disconnect the smoke alarms present.
- You should also make sure to turn off all the flames, pilot lights, and various running electrical appliances that cycle off and on.
- Do not use a fogger in a cabinet and under a counter or table.
You can buy this product to kill the various gnats present at your home with various other bugs; it is one of the most popular gnats killers present in the market.
#4 – Raid Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger
Raid Concentrated Deep reach fogger will help kill the gnats and various other bugs that can hide in various parts of the home.
- Kills ants, roaches & spiders
- Penetrates into cracks & crevices to kill bugs where they live & breed
- Keeps killing for up 2 months
One can of this product treat up to an entire room of 25’ x 25’ with an 8’ ceiling.
With the penetrating technology of this gnat bomber, it will reach deep into hard-to-reach areas, cracks, and various crevices.
This bomber keeps on penetrating into cracks and crevices to kill the bugs from where they live and breed.
This can help in killing for up to 2 months; it is a non-staining product and will leave no wet or messy residue.
This fogger is one of the most used and best gnat bombers, which can be used in order to kill the gnats.
However, you should read and follow the various precautions to prevent the bomber from affecting you rather than the pest.
How to Use Gnat Bug Bombs
If you want to kill the gnats at home, there can be various methods to use the bombers; one of the most effective and used methods to kill the gnats in your house is:
- Place a table, chair, or any stand in the center part of the room, which is to be fogged; now cover well with several layers of paper towels or the newspapers which are present at your home.
- Shake well before using the bomber. Make sure to tilt the sprayer away from your face when you spray with the fogger.
- Press the valve all the way down while hooking up the catch; do not inhale or breathe in the spray mist.
- Set fogger on the newspaper or the paper towels and leave the area on an immediate basis.
- Close the doors and hang the “Fogger in Use” tag on the doorknob in order to help others avoid entering the place and get affected.
- Make sure not to enter the treated area for a minimum of two hours; thus, keeping the site sealed for a more extended period will enhance the fogger performance.
- After performing this, vacate the treated house or the individual apartment unit, or the other structure immediately.
- However, it would be best to take proper safety measures before using the gnat bombers inside the various infected areas.
Related: How to Use a Wasp Bomb Effectively
Safety Precautions While Using Gnat Bombs
The nonchemical pesticide prevention measures might not help every time; therefore, you can always choose a chemical pesticide in order to kill these gnats.
One type of product used is the total release fogger; these products can really be effective if properly used, though they can pose real risks to your home and family if not used properly.
Before using a gnat bomber you should take some primary safety precautions in mind such as
Do Not Use More Than Required Foggers
There can be various accidents involved if the fogger is released more than required.
Gnat foggers should strictly not be used in small or enclosed areas; if you use a fogger in an enclosed area, it may cause the product to explode, resulting in injury to the people or the property.
Do Not Keep Foggers In Contact With Ignition Sources
The accidents are most likely to happen if a large amount of this gnat fogger material comes in contact with an ignition source at home, so make sure to keep the fogger away from the ignition sources’ contacts.
Do Not Allow Anyone To Enter The Premises
While telling everyone not to enter the area, be sure to use the door tags and the warning signs.
This will reduce the risk of other people walking into the home or the room and accidentally exposing them to the pesticides released from the device.
Leave The Treated Area Immediately
Breathing this mist can be harmful; it can affect any person or pet present inside.
So, make sure to leave the treated area for more than 2 hours; entering it before might cause illness and infect the person.
Air out when return; when you return to the treated area, open all the windows and doors in order to provide the ventilation to the area.
You can also use fans in order to assist in airing out the treated area.
Take Some Other Additional Precautions
The precautions which should also be taken in addition to the above and not skipped are:
- Do not use more than one fogger per room.
- Remove all the children, toys, any pets, and the uncovered food from treated areas.
- Carefully read all the instructions and cautions present on the box.
- Keep the product away from children.
- Do not allow the children to touch pesticide products.
- Keep the telephone number of the concerned persons handy, who can help you if anything goes wrong.
Dealing with Gnats More Professionally
Now that we’ve discussed the various bombs and gnat foggers to eliminate gnats from our house, let’s also discuss about something more permanent, quick and time-saving.
In case of a serious infestation, taking the help of a professional is always recommended and this form below helps you get free quotes from multiple pest control companies so that you can make an informed decision and make your house pest-free.
Fill this quick form below and get the free quotes immediately.
In a nutshell, these bombers can really be effective and helpful in killing off the various types of gnats and bugs which are hiding at your home, even in smaller areas.
However, you should strictly not use this bomber if the room’s measurement is small as it can really affect the person and damage the property.
You should also properly and steadily read the instructions present on the box or the gnat bombers’ packet.
Also ensure that the product should not be within the reach of the children or sprayed in any closed and smaller quarter.
In essence, gnat foggers are really effective in eliminating them and other similar bugs if used carefully and correctly for an extended time.
- Do Wasps Sleep at Night? (Can They Attack After Dark?) - May 24, 2023
- What Does Bed Bug Poop Look Like? (Identify Bed Bug Droppings) - May 22, 2023
- Tiny Black Bugs in Kitchen (How to Eliminate Them Effectively) - May 20, 2023
2 thoughts on “Best Gnat Foggers (4 Highly Effective Gnat Bombs)”
You can make homemade traps with a sealed container, using apple cider vinegar, or red wine, dishwasher soap. Instructions are on the internet. Google it. Sorry if you got hundreds you will probably need a professional. Missed, that part. My bad.
We have what they call sewer gnats,we have used floggers ,bombs, we have used drain cleaners and moth balls we have mixed ginger and dawn the last time we used eight bombs in our house and left it closed up for six days and come back and we had hundreds of gnats, what can we do, I think when we spray them they die and then come back to life,again what can we do
Comments are closed.